Split Testing Ideas to Increase Your Profits
Even the smallest changes can give a huge boost to your conversion rate.
If you take the headline split test as an example: Headline X, Y, and Z are tested against each other.
Headline X converts at 2%, Headline Y converts at 5%, and Headline Z converts at 3.5%.
Obviously, you will pick Headline Y.
But would you have known this were it not for the split test?
Just imagine, you come up with headline X you feel is a sure winner, and so you don’t bother testing it.
Since it has a decent conversion rate of 2%, you don’t bother.
However, if you would have chosen to go with Headline Y, for every 100 people that visit your site, you would have made 3 more sales.
If your product sells at $49, that’s an extra $147 you would have earned from the 100 visitors.
But since you didn’t test, you didn’t know, and that’s how you lose thousands of dollars.
Testing might seem irritating, but it pays off handsomely.
That’s why I have compiled a list of things that you might need to test before sending out your next sales letter or email.
I have skipped common things like calls to action, headlines, sub-headlines, and pre-headlines.
I assume you already know about those!
1. Testing various bonuses against each other and testing against no bonus
2. Using a formal business tone versus a one-on-one tone
3. Having a header versus no header
4. Adding more arrows, underlining, and images
5. The look and placement of testimonials
6. Changing/adding the text underneath the images
7. For relatively cheaper items- placing the price at the end (bottom) or the top (beginning)
8. A hard selling approach versus a soft selling approach
9. Testing with different page designs
10. Adding more call-to-action buttons in your pages
11. Coupons versus sales
12. A dollar amount off versus a sales percentage
13. Asking for the entire sales upfront versus a trial offer
14. Having all videos or copy on one page versus using progress indicators to go to next video or page
15. Jotting down all the benefits versus highlighting one major benefit
16. Placing bullets further down the page versus closer to the beginning
17. Renaming your product
18. Testing with different placements of your product
19. Variations on your product’s image size
20. Testing with different texts or colors of order button
21. Wording directed to your avatar versus more generic copy
22. Testing with different product images
23. Changing the color scheme
24. And perhaps the best of all: using dark emotions such as revenge or jealousy to get a sale!
This list is to get you moving in the right direction.
If you are a compulsive profit-seeking online entrepreneur, you will not rest until you get the most fine-tuned sales presentation for your products or services.
Start with the basic things like calls to action and headlines and progress from there.
You should start testing the other items on this list after you are done with the basics.
Split testing will boost your conversion rates greatly.
To motivate yourself, do the math to know how much you can earn on every 100 or 1000 visitors you will convert from the test.
Write this figure down and post it in a place where you can see it.
Test something new every week or even every day to see if there will be an increase in conversions.
There is no faster or easier way to increase your income than split testing continually.